Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Traditions

Last night, right after work, The Cartoon Network aired "How The Grinch Stole Christmas". The cartoon NOT the bastardized live action one. I am a huge fan of this movie and I pretty much wore out the VHS we owned. I was actually quite famous for wearing out VHSes - this was the fate of another Christmas Favorite. Fortunately, there is YouTube.

The Nutcracker: A Fantasy on Ice



This was released in 1983, the year I was born. I'm not sure what it IS about this version of the Nutcracker story, but I loved it when I was little and I can't say that I'm particularly fond of any other Nutcracker rendition. I'm also pretty sure it was entirely responsible for my little-girl-fondess of actual nutcrackers.

At any rate - just a couple of traditional Christmas staples that I can't do without.

(watch How The Grinch Stole Christmas, too).

No comments: