Saturday, November 20, 2010

I (heart) Gobie

There is one horse at HorseNet Horse Rescue that I'm particularly fond of. His name is Gobie and he's listed as a grade buckskin pony. A grade horse is basically the equivalent to a mutt dog -- their parentage is unknown and unidentifiable. Buckskin is a pretty "western" style horse color (as opposed to "english" -- the two dominant riding styles) but I'm pretty sure Gobie is actually Grullo (or grey dun) which is even MORE western and even more obscure. These things, coupled with the fact that he's a technically untrained, 9 year old pony, means that he's been with the rescue for a while.

I love love him to bits. He's got that mellow, but slightly mischievous disposition that I love in a horse. All the things that work against him in Maryland's horse culture makes me love him more. Plus, I think he's absolutely adorable.

I give you a celebration of Gobie:























That last picture is of Sam helping me groom Gobie. He doesn't know it yet, but we're going to have this pony if I have anything to say about it. :)

No comments: